Govreau’s Harness Saddles and Buggies
110 SE 2nd Street
Joseph Govreau opened his saddle and harness store in 1897 at this location
and was still in operation in the same location 43 years later (1940). He never married and lived on the second floor. The Catholic
Church often held Mass on the second floor before their church was built. The front façade is covered with aluminum with a visor and
has large display windows. (The building has been altered.)
Berentz Hardware Furniture & Undertaking
112 SE 2nd Street
T. Berentz, originally from Indiana, became one of Bartlesville's most forceful business men. In 1901, Berentz and R. H. Muzzy formed
a partnership and opened a combined hardware, furniture, and undertaking establishment (not uncommon at that time). In 1908, Berentz
bought out Muzzy and became the sole owner of the hardware and furniture business.
Copyright 2008-2015. Bartlesville Heritage Trail. All rights reserved.
110 - 112 SE Second Street