The original building was sometimes called the Wilhite/King or the Boston Store Building. The building burned on Christmas Day in 1932, and the lot remained empty for a few years before a new building was constructed in 1940. The new Foster Building, as it was called, was the home of Martin’s Department Store. It is now the ITIO (Indian Territory Illuminating Oil) Building or “Market Square”, containing several small specialty shops and a bistro. The “Square” inside the building is a nice area to sit and relax. Historical photos line the walls. Original building built in 1905. Current building built 1940.
Copyright 2008-2015. Bartlesville Heritage Trail. All rights reserved.
101 - 105 SE Frank Phillips Blvd.